RN-Surgical Services-OR / Providence Park Novi - 34015 / FT Nights - St. John Providence, MI (Novi,
Job ID: 199662
RN-Surgical Services-OR / Providence Park Novi - 34015 / FT Nights
Additional Job Information
Title: RN-Surgical Services
City, State: Novi,MI
Location: Providence Park Novi - 34015
Department: Surgery 001
Additional Job Details: Full-Time,Night, Thursday, Friday and Saturday 12 hour midnights 7p to 730a
Our Mission, Vision and Values: St. John Providence Health System, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
The RN-Surgical Services delivers professional nursing care in the operative setting to patients undergoing surgical or other invasive procedures.
- Performs scrub functions including the selection and handling of instruments and supplies used during procedure.
- Performs circulating functions including monitoring, recording and communicating patient condition and managing overall nursing care of patient before, during and after procedure.
- Directly assists operating physician with surgical tasks including hemostasis, suturing and wound exposure as well as patient positioning.
- Prepares operating rooms and surgical instruments and equipment for use.
- Displays ability to perform unit-specific skills based on unit competency validation process and department-required certifications, to be required within department scope.
- Provides leadership to health care team including orientation, delegating work assignments, charge RN and other leadership responsibilities as assigned.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the organization's core values and nursing mission, vision, and philosophy through active involvement in the quality improvement process.
- Required Credential(s):
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure with the State of Michigan required.
- One or more of the following:
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA.
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing required Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred
- 1 year of relevant experience preferred.
How To Apply
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. John Providence Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Associated topics: bsn, cardiothoracic, care, ccu, hospice, neonatal, psychatric, recovery, staff nurse, surgery
• Post ID: 37702283 annarbor