Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 2:00 AM
Position Summary: The Automotive Services Sales Director will identify, cultivate and generate new business opportunities by prospecting into Key accounts. The position will report into the VP, NA Sales and Solutions located in Michigan, however, will work very closely with the HARMAN NA Customer Business Unit sales teams.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position is an individual contributor.
This is a "hunter" position and has the following primary responsibilities:
* Positioned to grow the business and provide leadership in account planning and helping drive sales cases to closure.
* Drive to achieve quarterly and FY sales targets to support both TCV and ACV targets to drive growth into the business.
* Provide clear demand signals to both Delivery, Product planning and solutions to ensure the growth targets are met for sales and revenue.
* Close engineering service business within new Harman accounts.
* Communicate Harman's value proposition to prospects, alliance partners and other relevant stake:holders.
* Identify new business solutions by researching profile accounts including mapping company's organizational structure, identifying new contracts, understanding the key business drivers and competitive landscape.
* Deliver a steady stream of qualified leads to meet quarterly NA sales goals and generate growth pipeline.
* Prepare and present current, potential and proposed KPI metrics that includes new revenue and new business growth.
* Grow our existing OEM maintenance business (Customer Change Requests CCR) in close cooperation with our Customer Business Units (CBU) and optimize to achieve higher profitability.
* Review, challenge and approve (technical and cost) estimations for customer change requests (CCR) to ensure profitability throughout the Customer Business Unit (CBU) quotation process.
* Prepare quotations and customer presentations with focus on profitability and commercial results against quote.
* Establish relationship with customer procurement and relevant engineering department leads.
* Develop a roadmap of additional engineering services together with customer and CBU/CPM
* Support budget and FY planning of the SBU Engineering Services.
* 10:12 years with progressively increasing sales responsibility.
* Bachelor / Master Degree
* Must have 5+ years of Automotive experience (sales, change management) and have deep network contacts.
* Proven history of consistently over achieving sales goals and quotas.
* Successful experience in a lead generation/sales role.
* Strong technical capability.
* Proven track record in managing multiple opportunities and ability to closed deals
Preferred Qualifications: BA or BEng
HARMAN (harman) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG(R), Harman Kardon(R), Infinity(R), JBL(R), Lexicon(R), Mark Levinson(R) and Revel(R), HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly:owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics. HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, natio
• Location: Ann Arbor
• Post ID: 40225837 annarbor