Civil Engineering Technician / Civil 3D Drafter
Ducks Unlimited, Inc. Ann Arbor, MI (48108)
The successful applicant will join a highly-motivated conservation team dedicated toward accomplishing DU’s mission of wetland and waterfowl conservation. Applicant will assist a regional team to deliver wetland and associated habitat restoration projects in the Great Lakes/ North Atlantic Region. We regularly build embankments, large excavations, pump stations and other works to restore wetlands across a 21-state region. The successful applicant will: (1) be responsible for the generation of topographic survey drawings and the development of wetland design drawings and plan sets, (2) prepare/finalize as-built drawings, (3) assist engineers and other technicians with a variety of administrative duties.
· Efficient and strong knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D in a design capacity for the following:
- Land development plans.
- Plan and preparation of preliminary layouts and detailed design drawings from engineering notes, sketches, and/or other drawings.
- Concept and final plans\ plan sets.
- Construction\staking plans.
- Layer management and usage.
- Drawing scales as they relate to text, dimensions, lines, viewports, X-references
- Plotting and plot scales, pen tables.
- Cross-Sections, alignments, corridors, feature lines, profiles, earthworks grading & surfaces and earthwork calculations with ability to perform basic calculations (slopes, grades, etc.).
- Completing red-lined as-built drawings.
- Organization/maintenance of all revisions of project drawings, plot files and project-related information in a logical and well-structured manner.
- Preparation of construction plan sets by compiling plan, profile, note and detail sheets as needed.
- Strong oral and written communication skills working with both in-office and remote staff. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good problem solver with the ability to identify alternative solutions or constructability issues.
- Ability to review drawings for completeness, accuracy and quality.
- Operation of various surveying equipment for topographic surveys a plus, but not required.
To apply please go to www.ducks.org/jobs and fill out the application materials by October 31, 2017. For further information regarding this position, please contact, Jocelyn Bautista,1220 Eisenhower Place, Ann Arbor, MI., Email: email@example.com . Office: #734-623-2000.
DUCKS UNLIMITED, INC. IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Ducks Unlimited, Inc. to afford equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 or over), disability (physical, mental or visual), genetic information, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), military and veteran status, immigration status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
• Post ID: 40624552 annarbor